Pages

Translate

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Oil Painting 2013

Oil painting - Dream of Your Own




My second oil painting is finally done. I always think that once you start a painting, it is very hard to finish it. If I want, I can keep on painting and adding fine details. This is maybe the reason why painting would always take long to finish. It is not a like doing a math question, once you get the answer, it is done. To me, painting  does not have an ending, you can keep on adding, and painting, and it will just keep on changing, changing the theme of your art work, the look of you art work. Painting rather is a process to me.  It is up to the painter whether he wanted to stop or continue.
 I have never taken any advanced art course, I somehow picked up a pencil, a brush and looked at an object, then I started to draw.   I love admiring art works, it gives me peace and smoothen my temper.
I am hoping to paint once a year, it will be interesting to look back in the future at  all the paintings I did over the years.