Pages

Translate

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Oat flake Custard Bun




Another nice afternoon.

My sister had brought home my favourite dimsum- custard bun.

Custard bun doesn't only taste awesome, but it is also slightly healthier as oat flake was added in the dough, which makes it different from the normal /original custard bun.

This is one of the recipes that I will definitely try in this summer.

While there isn't a lot studies done on the nutritional values of dimsum, dimsum is general considered high in calories.  Although I love these bun, I could only take two of them most at a time.

The custard filling is somewhat high in fat and sugar, as the custard filling is made of custard power, butter, sweetened condensed milk, sugar and egg yolk; and to some people, they sometime have a greasy taste in the month after.

So, I would always have a cup of green tea with dimsum. The health benefit of green tea has known to have many positive effects on health. It helps in digestion and personally think that green tea helps clear the greasy aftertaste in my month.

High calories foods like custard bun may be not good to your health, but it is alright and nice  to have once a while.



Source:
For more information on green tea: visit http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/960.html